Ultraviolet (UV) Light Disinfection
HOW ULTRAVIOLET LIGHT SYSTEMS WORK
Advantages of Ultraviolet (UV) Light Disinfection
- Effective: Virtually all microorganisms are susceptible to ultraviolet disinfection.
- Economical: Hundreds of gallons are purified for each penny of operating cost.
- Safe: No danger of overdosing, no addition of chemicals.
- Fast: Water is ready for use as soon as it leaves the purifier no further contact time required.
- Automatic: Provides continuous disinfection without special attention or measurement.
- Chemical Free: No Chlorine taste or corrosion problems.
- Versatile: Capacities available from 1.5 gallons per minute to millions of gallons per day.
WELL CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN
Installing an UV treatment system, or any other water disinfection system is not a substitute for proper well design and construction. If a dug well or spring is your only supply option then look at all the treatment options before you decide what to do. Recommended treatment process selection:
- Obtain information about your water source and have it tested at a state or EPA certified laboratory.
- Get your water tested at subsequently appropriate intervals as determined by you and your water treatment professional.
- Determine which problems are associated with infrastructure deficiencies, i.e., cracked casing, no cap, improper seal, poor surface drainage, etc. Make the necessary repairs and improvements to the system.
- Install the necessary water treatment systems.