Bedford,MA Water Filtration

Water Filtration Solutions

The following discusses potential water quality issues or concerns as well as water filtration options for residents of Bedford, MA.  Bedford homes and businesses are supplied by Bedford’s Department of Public Works Water Division (see link at http://www.bedfordma.gov/water-division). Approximately 85% of the water consumed is supplied by the MWRA, with the other 15% coming from the Shawsheen Road Wellfield. The Water Division staff treats this well water with sodium hydroxide to adjust pH levels throughout the distribution system, sodium hypochlorite for disinfection, and sodium fluoride for enhanced dental and bone health.

The latest available MWRA Annual Water Quality Report can be viewed at the following link MWRA Annual Report .  While the water quality is generally pretty good from MWRA, there are issues that may occur downstream causing various types of staining in the home’s sinks, bathtubs, toilets, showers and other plumbing fixtures.  Additionally, you may experience taste and odor issues that are commonly associated with chloramine (a chlorine, ammonia compound), which is used to disinfect the water and control bacterial growth. There is a “Frequently Asked Questions” publication provided by MWRA that reviews what you may encounter.  See the link at MWRA Water Quality FAQs

iron in water Bedford Ma

Dissolved Iron Staining

BAD ODORS & TASTES IN YOUR WATERfishy smell in water in Sharon, MArotten egg smell in water in Sharon, MAchlorine smell and taste in water in Sharon, MA

There are various types of bad odors and tastes that you may experience in your water.  A point of entry filtration system can be installed to address these issues. For a more complete description of potential bad odors and taste in your water, see the link at https://h2ocare.com/bad-odor-taste.

Water Filtration Bedford, MA

Sediment & Carbon Filtration

WATER FILTRATION & WATER SOFTENER SYSTEMS

Water filtration systems can be installed for the removal of any of the potential causes of symptoms you may be experiencing. Water softeners are typically installed to remove dissolved iron, manganese or hardness in the water through a technology called Ion Exchange. To remove particulate iron or manganese, a properly sized sediment filter is required.  Sodium hypochlorite can be removed with a carbon filtration system to remove bad taste and odor. If there is a concern regarding bacterial control in your water supply, Ultraviolet Light disinfection systems are available in compact sizes and can be installed at the point of entry into the home, effectively killing potential bacteria that may be in the water.

water softener

Water Softener with Sediment Filtration

Any water filtration system or water softener recommendation should start with a water test before an informed decision can be made.  To determine what type of water testing to have performed and how to take a proper sample, call a water treatment professional or a state certified laboratory.

In summary, controlling your home’s water quality is attainable through proper water testing and equipment specification with today’s available water filtration technologies at a reasonable price.  Proper on-going maintenance is also critical to maintain a consistent level of great water quality.

water filtration in Bedford, MA WATER filtration in Bedford
H2O Care is an established, Massachusetts based water filtration and testing firm, formed in 1989 with offices in Middleton & Hudson, MA.  Articles published by the Company can be seen in Water Technology Magazines at http://h2ocare.com.  Contact us at service@h2ocare.com or 978-777-8330.